Drug abuse destroys our mind and body. It leads our brain to cease in functioning properly, and rewires our emotions. It could lead to various physical diseases most of which could be reversed and arrested if caught in time. The thought processes will deteriorate, due to the middle of our brain which controls our ability to judge facts from fiction will be damaged. Drug addiction will affect not only us, yet additionally our community, employer, friends and family. As a matter of fact, our prisons are filled up with abusers who commit crimes while underneath the influence: rape; robbery; assault and battery; and DUIs.
Alcohol addiction spirituality addiction recovery starts the minute we ask for help. Realization that we cannot overcome alcoholism alone will be the initial step to obtaining the assistance needed. Around one in six individuals suffer with this disease of addiction. There include 3 key behaviors which define alcoholics:
- Unable to stop drinking: Alcohol addiction recovery is typically needed as we lose control of our drinking.
- Focus on alcohol: We are obsessed with drinking by frequently imagining being drunk, where we should drink, what and when we should drink, how to conceal drinking from our family members, glorifying the alcohol or becoming intoxicated, and constantly preparing the day’s activities surrounding our alcohol and drinking.
- Drinking in spite of severe consequences: Alcoholism will destroy our reputation, financial status, health, families, relationships, careers and eventually can cause substantial jail time.
The Delray Recovery Center utilizes these kinds of therapy to help with spirituality addiction recovery:
- Existential Therapy: Concentrates on the thought that our existence will never be at a standstill; instead, we’re consistently improving and recreating ourselves. We move along with development of purpose, self-identification, responsibility, freedom and self-awareness.
- Gestalt Therapy: Concentrates on cohesively incorporating every dimension of our personality in order to promote healthy coping mechanisms and self-awareness.
- Narrative Therapy: Will center around the idea that experiences of the past that directly affect how we identify and view ourselves. This therapy assesses the accuracy of perceptions of the past and creates positive changes in order to promote healthy identity and self-esteem.
- Person-Centered Therapy: Concentrates on finding new methods of life which are personally fulfilling and healthy and expanding self-awareness.
- Psychoanalytic Theory: Will explore the earlier years of our life as a heavy influence upon present personality functioning.
- Reality Objectification: Objectifies our views of the outside world, allowing us to react within a responsible and healthy manner to every situation and circumstance that’s beyond our control.
- REBT (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy): Permits us to identify irrational thoughts and replace thoughts with rational and healthy thinking.
Call Delray Recovery Center at the toll free number above; we will be glad to help you with your spiritual addiction recovery program.
And for further information on this and other related drug and alcohol rehabilitation topics please visit us at delrayrecoverycenter.com