Entergy Louisiana, LLC (Entergy Louisiana) is an integrated energy company engaged in generation, transmission and distribution of electricity. Entergy owns and operates plants using natural gas, nuclear, coal, oil and hydroelectric power. The total capability of the generating stations owned and leased by the utility is 5,854 MW; this include 4,685 MW from gas and oil; and 1,169 from Nuclear. Additionally, Entergy Louisiana also has working interest in Roy S. Nelson Unit 6 coal generation station with a total capacity of 550 MW; and Big Cajun 2 Unit 3 coal generation station with a total capacity of 588 MW.
The company along with its subsidiary Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, L.L.C. (EGS) serves around one million residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental customers. As of December 31, 2008, the company held franchises to provide electric service in approximately 116 incorporated municipalities; and supplied electric service in approximately 353 unincorporated communities in the 58 parishes. It sold about 27,892 GWh in the year 2008. Entergy Louisiana's EGS also provides natural gas utility services to approximately 92,000 customers. Entergy Louisiana is an operating subsidiary of Entergy Corporation.
The company is currently in the process of construction or purchase of additional generation supply sources for solid fuel repowering of a 538 MW unit at its Little Gypsy plant, and Entergy Gulf States Louisiana. The commercial operation of the projects is expected to be before mid-year 2013. The company is also undertaking Waterford 3 steam generators replacement project.
Entergy Louisiana, LLC Key Recent Developments
Aug 02, 2011: Community Advocates, Employees Of Entergy New Orleans And Entergy Louisiana Seek Sustained Funding For LIHEAP
Jul 06, 2011: Entergy And LSU Install EV Chargers On Campus
Jun 23, 2011: Entergy Louisiana To Build 550 MW Natural Gas-Fired Unit At Ninemile Point Plant
Jun 29, 2011: Shaw Receives Contract From Entergy Louisiana For 550 MW Combined Cycle Electric Generating Plant
Oct 31, 2011: Entergy Louisiana And Entergy Gulf States File Application With Louisiana PSC To Join Midwest ISO
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Entergy Louisiana, LLC provides you with an in-depth strategic analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile will give you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
This company report forms part of the 'Profile on Demand' Service, covering over 50,000 of the world's leading companies. Once purchased, We will comprehensively research and author a full strategic analysis of Entergy Louisiana, LLC and deliver this direct to you in pdf format within two business days (excluding weekends).
The profile contains critical company information including*,
- Business description – A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Click for Report details:Entergy Louisiana, LLC - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review