Outsourcing Center, the leading resource of outsourcing best-practice information, announced winners of the 2012 Outsourcing Excellence Awards:
- Best Partnership: U.S. Army Information Technology Agency, Defense Continuity Integrated Network (ITA DCIN) and Catapult Technology, Ltd.
- Best BPO: International Paper, Inc. and Aon Hewitt
- Best ITO: Towers Watson and Dell Services
- Best Transition: Teradyne Inc. and HCL Technologies Ltd.
- Best New Process/Application: Rio Tinto and Infosys
- Best Healthcare: Springhill Medical Center and Allscripts Managed IT Services
- Best Effort for Global Buyers: 7-11 Mexico and Tango Management Consulting
- Most Flexible: Telestra and Talent2
- Best Financial Services: Deutsche Bank and Accenture
- Best Telephony Outsourcing: Vodafone Netherlands and Amdocs
- Best F&A/Procurement: AstraZeneca and Genpact
These global winning outsourcing partnerships represent a variety of business solutions that enabled the buyers to support their strategic growth initiatives. Judged by an independent panel of industry experts who evaluated numerous worldwide outsourcing relationships, winners from both the buyer and provider will present learnings at a Best Practice Seminar and be recognized at an “Oscars-reminiscent” black tie event on May 24, 2012 at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, Texas. This year, these events are also open to the public. Registration and event information are available at http://www.outsourcing-center.com/outsourcing-and-sourcing-excellence-awards.html.
Outsourcing Center will also publish best-practice articles in which award recipients share their insights on how organizations can work flexibly and collaboratively through outsourcing to achieve the desired impacts on their business.
Members of the judging panel were:
- John A. Funk, partner, SNR Denton US LLP
- Russ Taruscio, retired FC&A procurement director, BP America Inc.
- Linda Tuck Chapman, president, ONTALA Performance Solutions Ltd.
- Brad Furry, SVP & CIO, Zale Corporation.
About Outsourcing Center’s Outsourcing Excellence Awards
This is the 16th year the Outsourcing Excellence Awards have annually recognized the world’s best outsourcing arrangements. Past winners include IBM, HP and Wipro, among others. Reviewing the nominations, the judges select relationships that tangibly demonstrate best practices, create and sustain a competitive advantage, provide business transformation, achieve compelling value, and significantly benefit both buyer and service provider over time. The Outsourcing Center conducts the annual awards program exclusively and is an online community specializing in thought leadership, best practices, and innovation in outsourcing. The Center also offers provider brand communication, go-to-market strategies & business intelligence services.
Contact: Debra Floyd, COO, Outsourcing Center