Melloy Dodge, Albuquerque, New Mexico’s trusted and respected Dodge Ram vehicle dealership, auto finance team, and certified service department, is thrilled at the unveiling of the new 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 truck that was recently put on display at the 2012 New York Auto Show.
Available later this year in the Melloy Dodge showroom and with pricing announced at a later date, this new Ram 1500 has many enviable and attractive features:
· It features a 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine and eight-speed automatic transmission with an optional 5.7L HEMI V8. This new engine delivers 42 percent more horsepower, 13 percent more torque, and 20 percent greater fuel economy compared to its predecessor.
· The 5.7L HEMI V8 has a fuel-saving cylinder shut-off as well as 395-horespower and 407 pound-feet of torque as well as 20 percent greater fuel economy than the 2012 V8 had.
Official fuel economy figures have yet to be released and will be announced closer to the new 2013 Ram 1500 truck sale date. The claim of greater fuel economy is thanks to the eight-speed automatic transmission, which are double the gears that were previously offered with the four-speed automatic. As one of the industry’s first pick-up trucks with stop-start technology, the Ram 1500 is able to enjoy improved fuel economy by up to 3.3 percent, which is considered to be an increase of nearly one mile per gallon that can be added to the truck’s city driving cycle.
Other enhancements to the new Ram 1500 include the following features:
· Electric power steering;
· Pulse-width modulation;
· Air suspension for an improved ride;
· Automatic load level for greater off-road capability;
· A tougher exterior with a completely new front end, grille, LED front turn signals and tail lights, and quad-project headlights; and
· Low rolling-resistance factory tires.
There has been considerable weight reduction compared to the previously model by approximately thirty pounds thanks to the newly redesigned frame, twenty-six pounds lighter because of the aluminum hood, and seventy-six pounds lighter due to the Pentastar V6 along with the new TorqueFlite 8 transmission (or thirty pounds lighter with the V8 model).
And, like all of the Dodge Ram truck models, it has a best-in-class powertrain warranty. This warranty offers five years/100,000 miles.
About Melloy Dodge
The Melloy family has been in the New Mexico automotive business since 1955. Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico and serving the areas of Santa Fe, Rio Rancho, and Los Lunas, the dealership offers a searchable online inventory of new Dodge cars and truck as well as an extensive array of used cars, trucks, and SUVs by all the top vehicle manufacturers. The dealership features a full-service, certified repair department and parts store as well as a comprehensive financing department. For more information, please visit www.melloydodge.com.