With the continuous development of the Chinese economy, the home medical device industry has developed rapidly in China. The market size reached RMB 17.66 billion in 2011, up 28.3% year on year, and the CAGR in 2006-2011 was up to 29.8%. But on the other hand, home medical devices only account for a small share in the medical equipment industry in China, which was only 13% in 2011, far lower than the global level of 25%, indicating huge growth potential. It's expected that the home medical device market size will reach RMB 29 billion in China in 2013.
In China's home medical device industry, massage appliances, electronic sphygmomanometers, blood glucose meters are the main products, the market sizes of which are expected to reach RMB 6.59 billion, RMB 5.2 billion and RMB 2.4 billion in 2013, with the input of national medical insurance, enhancement of consumption level and changing consumer attitudes.
At present, the global high-end home medical device market is basically dominated by the products of the US, German and Japanese companies. Many well-known multinational companies have built up production bases in China to grab market share. For example, Omron occupies about 70% of China's electronic sphygmomanometer market, while Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Abbott collectively occupy about 60% of China's blood glucose meter market. After years of development, Chinese home medical device companies have made considerable progress and have significant advantages in the medium and low-end market, and there have emerged a number of enterprises with global competitiveness, such as Jiangsu Yuyue Medical Equipment Inc., Andon Health Co., Ltd., Xiamen Comfort Science & Technology Group, and Changsha Sinocare Inc.Report Scope
- Market size, competition and development forecast of the global home medical device industry;
- Market size, competition, development trend and entry barrier of the Chinese home medical device industry;
- Development environment, including policy environment, social environment and impact of upstream and downstream industries, of the Chinese home medical device industry;
- Key products of the Chinese home medical device industry, including their market size, competition, trading and development forecast;
- Operation and competition of five global home medical device manufacturers in China, including Omron, Johnson & Johnson, Siemens, Ceragem and Roche;
- Operation, investment, merger and acquisition, product competition and development forecast of 11 Chinese home medical device manufacturers.
Click for Report details:China Home Medical Device Industry Report, 2011-2012