Australia's iron ore production output is expected to record a robust CAGR growth rate of 8.96% over the forecast period, with the country's iron ore production increasing from 465 million tons in 2011 to 706.9 million tons in 2016. Australia's coal production output is expected to record average annual growth rates of 6.5% over the forecast period, from 405mtpa in 2011 to 561mtpa in 2016. The BRICdata forecast for coal production in Australia was revised down from 425mtpa to 405mtpa in 2011, due to the effects of flooding which postponed mining production in Queensland at the start of the year.
The proposed 40% tax on mining company profits has not significantly affected investments in the Australian mining industry, since several new coal and iron ore mining projects were announced in the country after the tax was first proposed. Due to its strong growth potential and high-quality infrastructure, Australia contains some of the leading companies within the global mining industry. Multinationals operating in the Australian mining industry include companies such as BHP Billiton, Newcrest Mining, Rio Tinto, Norilsk Nickel and Xstrata.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Australian mining industry
- It provides historical values for the Australian mining industry for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of production, consumption, imports and exports of key minerals in terms of volume as well as value
- It details the regulatory framework for the mining industry in Australia
- It covers an exhaustive summary on key trends, drivers and issues affecting the mining industry
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape for the mining industry in Australia
- The scope of this report is primarily confined to coal, two major metallic (iron ore and silver) and two non-metallic minerals (fluorspar and salt) which constitute a major part of the country's total mining industry
Click for Report details:Australian Mining Industry Outlook – Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016