Leading Companies in the Aviation Security Market - American Science and Engineering: AS&E is a US manufacturer of X-ray inspection systems and related technologies. Founded in 1958 as supplier of equipment to NASA, AS&E specialises in detection technologies and its systems are used to combat terrorism, drug and weapons smuggling, illegal immigration and trade fraud in 137 different countries. Listed on the NASDAQ, the company reported a revenue figure of $278.6m for the 2011 financial year. Domestic sales accounted for 70% of total net revenues with the Middle East and Africa providing the location for 80% of worldwide sales.
AS&E influences the aviation security market through its divisions:
AS&E Global, AS&E Mexico Detection Systems S de RL de CV Mexico, AS&E Brazil Sistemas de Deteccao e Segurancca , AS&E Europe, B.V. Netherlands, Global International Holding in Delaware, AS & E Hong Kong and AS & E Detection Systems.
The aviation security market has evolved in response to new threats faced by the aviation industry. The tragic events of September 11 2001 led to a necessity to re-examine existing airport security systems and technologies. More than a decade on, new legislation has been adopted, regulatory authorities established and additional equipment installed at airport facilities throughout the world. As demand for air travel continues to grow year on year, governments and aviation enforcement authorities face the need to adopt strict safety measures that will counter terrorist threats before they occur whilst limiting the inconvenience faced by the passenger. Existing threats, rising passenger numbers and airport expansion projects mean that the global aviation security market will reach $22.3 billion in 2012.
The prevailing economic conditions faced by North America and Europe have meant that projected sales forecasts are restrained. However the impact of these economic constraints to the overall aviation security industry will be limited in the longer term as safety and security continue to remain a priority. Upgrades to existing security features and investment in R&D will help to maintain steady growth in these markets.
Elsewhere, growth within Asian aviation security markets such as China and India is forecast by Visiongain to be significant, while in the longer term, Middle Eastern spending on aviation security is expected to increase sharply to meet the demand for new technology systems.
- Comprehensive analysis of the prospects for the aviation security market from 2012-2022.
- Analysis and forecasting informed by extensive expert consultation with industry leaders. You will be able to read full transcripts of interviews from 2 leading companies involved within the aviation security market.
- 141 tables, charts and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the aviation security market between 2012-2022
- Forecasts and analysis for the global aviation security market between 2012-2022
- Forecasts and analysis for 4 submarkets of the aviation security market from 2012-2022.
- Forecasts and analysis for 6 regional aviation security markets for the period 2012-2022.
- Forecasts and analysis for 17 national aviation security markets for the period 2012-2022.
- Analysis of the drivers and restraints of the aviation security market.
- Profiles of 36 leading companies operating within the aviation security market.
Click for Report details:The Aviation Security Market 2012-2022