The BRIC countries have played a major role in the growth of the paints and coatings market during the review period, as population growth, rapid urbanization, increasing disposable income and focus on nuclear or smaller families have all combined to considerably raise demand for residential construction. Global sporting events such as the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro will require substantial construction activity in infrastructure, commercial and residential sectors over the forecast period which will stimulate growth for paints and varnishes.
Brazil is undergoing an extensive period of reconstruction, with plans to complete 12,265 infrastructure projects throughout the country by the end of 2016. An investment of US$800 billion for infrastructure spending is expected in Brazil over the forecast period, which will create a large demand for paints and varnishes in the country. Russia is preparing to host major international events including the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi and the 2012 APEC Summit in Vladivostok which will require substantial construction activity in infrastructure, commercial, and residential sectors over the forecast period which will stimulate the growth for paints and varnishes.
The Indian government announced an investment of US$514 billion (INR23.5 trillion) in its 11th five-year plan, covering the 2007–2012 period. In addition, the government has increased infrastructure spending, from 7% of GDP to 10%, which indicates the potential for increased infrastructure construction activities that could require paints and varnishes. The level of construction activity in China will increase due to increasing FDI, rapid urbanization, ongoing industrialization, the expanding manufacturing sector and government efforts to develop infrastructure. This will create demand for paints and varnishes in China, enabling the country's paints and varnishes market to achieve a CAGR of 12.91% over the forecast period.Report Scope
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction paints and varnishes market in the BRIC countries:
• Historical (2007-2011) and forecast (2012-2016) valuations of the construction paints and varnishes market in the BRIC countries
• Segmentation by category (Construction Paints and Varnishes, Water-based Paints and Varnishes, Solvent-based Paints and Varnishes, Other Paints and Varnishes, Solvents and Thinners, Surfacing Preparations, Painters' Fillings)
• Breakdown of values at the country level (Brazil, Russia, India and China)
• Analysis of key events and factors driving the construction paints and varnishes market in the region
• Detailed profiles of the leading construction paints and varnishes companies in the BRIC countries
Click for Report details:Paints and Varnishes in BRIC – Market Opportunity and Environment, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016