The global (the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan) Graves' disease therapeutics market was worth $169.1m in 2011, and is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.9% for the next eight years, to reach $182m by 2019. This very slow growth forecast is primarily attributed to the weak pipeline, coupled with the market being well served by generics. The incidence rate of Graves' disease is static; therefore only the growing population is contributing to the growth of the market. Well-Served Market with Low Unmet Need
GlobalData estimates that the prevailing market landscape is strong, with generic antithyroid agents and RAI therapy expected to continue to dominate the market during the forecast period. These products offer high efficacy and safety to Graves' disease patients; as a result, unmet need in the market is low, providing little potential for pipeline drugs to capture market share unless they are disease-modifying in nature and aim at treating the underlying autoimmune condition. However, as the pipeline contains only one disease-modifying drug for Graves' disease, in the discovery stage of development, the market will continue to be dominated by the existing generic drugs.Lack of Research in Graves' Disease Therapeutics Area
The weak pipeline indicates a lack of research in the Graves' disease therapeutics area. Pharmaceutical companies, research institutes and universities are reluctant to conduct trials in this disease area. As the market is well-served by the currently marketed products the unmet need in the market is low, which indicates a limited scope of revenue generation by any new drugs treating the condition. However, considering the autoimmune nature of the disease, research into developing immunomodulators for the prevention of Graves' disease in high-risk individuals or for the treatment of Graves' disease may lead to novel drugs that could change the way the disease is managed.Report Scope
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the Graves Disease Therapeutics market. Its scope includes -
- Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) Graves Disease Therapeutics market revenues data from 2006 to 2011, forecast for eight years to 2019.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends by seven key markets. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the seven key countries Graves Disease Therapeutics market.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the Graves Disease Therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in Graves Disease Therapeutics market
Click for Report details:Graves’ Disease Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecast to 2019