Petroliam Nasional Berhad - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review - Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) is an integrated oil and gas multinational company. It is wholly-owned by the Malaysian government. It is active in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas in Malaysia and overseas. PETRONAS also carries out downstream activities such as refining of crude oil into petroleum products; processing and liquefaction of natural gas; selling natural gas products; refining and marketing of petroleum products; the manufacture and sale of petrochemical products; and trading of crude oil, petroleum products and petrochemical products. The company also undertakes the liquefaction, sale and transportation of LNG. PETRONAS provides shipping and logistics services related to LNG, crude oil and petroleum products. The company operates in Asia, Australia, Americas, Europe and Africa. The company is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The company improved its business over the years from being the manager and regulator of Malaysia's upstream sector to reach its current position as the fully integrated oil and gas corporation. Such remarkable growth made PETRONAS stand among the largest FORTUNE Global 500 companies in the world. Through its key business strategy of integration along with globalization, PETRONAS aspires to establish itself as a leading oil and gas multinational in the world. The company also concentrates on developing new technologies to maximize opportunities and strengthen its capabilities to become a leading global integrated E&P player.
Petroliam Nasional Berhad Key Recent Developments
Apr 20, 2012: Keppel To Import Natural Gas To Petronas
Apr 05, 2012: Petronas Provides Update On RAPID Project In Johor, Malaysia
Mar 28, 2012: Petronas Signs HoA With Total To Study Development Of High Carbon Dioxide Gas Field
Mar 13, 2012: Technip Secures FEED Contract From Petronas For RAPID Project In Malaysia
Mar 06, 2012: Petronas And BASF Announce Expansion Of Partnership In Malaysia
GlobalData's Petroliam Nasional Berhad - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company's history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company's key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report's analysis of the company's business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies with GlobalData's detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company's core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report's detailed insight into the company's strategic, business and operational performance.
Click for Report details:Petroliam Nasional Berhad - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review