This is an annual subscription product, with regular updates throughout the year.
The 12th Five-Year (2011-2015) Plan for Pesticide Industry was released by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) on 3 Feb. 2012, which mainly focuses on adjusting industrial structure, improving technological innovation capacity, protecting the ecological environment and conserving natural resources.
Besides this five-year plan, China has released another two important policies on pesticide industry in recent years, including the Pesticide Industry Policy released also by MIIT in 2010 and the 12th Five-Year Plan for Pesticide Industry released by CCPIA in 2011; all are quite similar to each other.
Apart from the aim of consolidating the current chaotic pesticide industry, all these policies point out the government's strong determination to ban highly toxic pesticides, which provides opportunities for the development of environmentally friendly pesticides.
For example, Jiangsu Rotam has got the first domestic registration of flubendiamide formulation recently; SYRICI would launch SYP-9080 (an insecticide acting on pests' ryanodine receptors) in the near future; also, Jiangsu Frey plans to launch thiamethoxam in H2 2013.Key Headlines
- Developing off-patent proprietary insecticides such as chromafenozide, bifenazate, thiamethoxam, spirodiclofen and flonicamid may be a good opportunity for domestic pesticide players.
- The cumulative pest and disease control area in China hits 560 million ha. in 2011, reducing grain loss by 92.5 million tonnes.
- The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology releases the 12th Five-Year (2011-2015) Plan for Pesticide Industry on 3 Feb. 2012.
- On 31 Dec. 2011, the transfer of carbofuran registrations and production license from Taicang Otsuka to Jiangsu Lanfeng gets approval from MIIT.
- Hebei Veyong announces on 28 Dec. 2011 that it will relocate and upgrade insecticide production lines, a part of its overall relocation started from Jan. 2012.
- Jiangsu Jiujiujiu is likely to see a significant rise in gross margin of STCP in 2011.
- Jiangsu Frey plans to launch thiamethoxam technical and 25% thiamethoxam EC in H2 2013.
- According to NATESC, in 2012 the damage of rice pests and corn pests will be more serious in China over 2011.
- It is reported that SYRICI has developed an insecticide acting on the ryanodine receptors and plans to launch the product in the near future.
- The price of rice insecticides would be further pushed with the increase of minimum rice purchase price in 2012.
- On 13 Dec. 2011, Jiangsu Flag gets the registration of 98% clothianidin technical, the second registration of clothianidin technical by domestic producer in China.
- On 23 Dec. 2011, Jiangsu Rotam gets the registration of 10% flubendiamide SC, becoming the first company in China getting flubendiamide registration (excluding repacking registration).
- The ex-factory price of emamectin benzoate technical in China dropped to USD112,650/t in Feb. 2012, the lowest since 2010.
Click for Report details:Insecticides China News 1202