International Visa Service, an Atlanta-based travel documentation service that provides visas, passports, certified birth records and civil records, photos for passports and visas, and other related services, reminds travelers to be familiar with what you need to apply for a U.S. passport to ensure a smooth travel process during the upcoming summer travel season and in lieu of the impending 2012 U.S. Olympic Summer Games in London, England.
As the travel documentation service expert, International Visa Service notes important criteria for your existing U.S. Passports or a renewal or new U.S. Passport will be required:
· Regardless of age, all U.S. Citizens must have a U.S. passport upon their return to the United States and that includes babies.
· U.S. Passports for children cannot be renewed so a new application based on specific requirements tied to their age must be met.
· Before traveling, check your U.S. Passport well in advance as it must have six months of remaining validity for both departure and arrival.
· A U.S. Passport cannot have been damaged in any way as this makes it invalid.
· There must be at least four blank visa pages for international entry stamps left in your U.S. Passport.
To get a children’s U.S. Passport, the following documents are required:
· Certified birth certificate
· The valid driver’s licenses of both parents
· U.S. Government form DS-11 Passport Form and accompanying fee
· Copy of itinerary for trip
· Two passport photos
· Letter of authorization
Adults require all of the above but only need their own valid driver’s license for the U.S. Passport process. An adult traveler can renew their U.S. Passport if the existing passport meets the following criteria:
· You were over 16 years old when your passport was issued
· Your passport was issued within fifteen years.
· Your passport can be submitted with this application.
· Your passport is in good condition.
Be sure to leave plenty of time for the U.S. Passport renewal or new U.S. Passport application process. Although U.S. Passports can be processed on an emergency basis, it is best to take care of this as soon as possible to remove any stress from upcoming travel plans.
About International Visa Service
With two locations in Georgia – Hartsfield Jackson International Airport in Atlanta and Sandy Springs, Georgia, International Visa Service has been providing efficient, cost-effective service for critical travel documentation for 35 years, including passports, visas, certified birth records, passport and photos, translations, apostilles, authentications and legalizations, police clearance records, passport tracing, certified court documents worldwide and certified civil records. Services include emergency same day passport service seven days a week. The staff speaks multiple languages to serve customers from around the world. The company’s founder, Patsy O’Grady Wolf has been involved in the travel industry since 1968 and has seen the numerous changes within the travel and travel documentation industries, adapting the business to meet changing travel needs. For more information about International Visa Service, please visit www.visalady.com.