Reinsurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
Dallas 7/09/2012 09:54 AM GMT (TransWorldNews)
The French reinsurance segment is the fourth largest in the world in terms of life insurance premium ceded and the fifth largest in the world in terms of non-life insurance premium ceded. The French reinsurance segment is expected to benefit from the growth in the rest of the insurance industry over the forecast period, as French insurance companies tend to cede a portion of their written premium to reinsurance companies in order to mitigate excessive risks. Furthermore, frequent incidents of natural calamities encouraged insurance companies to cede a higher portion of their premium to reinsurance companies in order to avoid incurring huge losses from natural disasters. The reinsurance segment is also expected to benefit from the proposed implementation of Solvency II regulation norms, which will force insurance companies to maintain higher capital reserves and could encourage insurance companies to seek the services of reinsurance companies to improve their risk management in accordance with the new regulations. The reinsurance segment is dominated by global reinsurers. Leading international reinsurance companies such as Munich Re and Swiss Re have strengthened their presence in the country and provide tough competition to local reinsurers.
- The report provides in depth market analysis, information and insights into the French reinsurance market, including:
- The French reinsurance market’s growth prospects by reinsurance categories
- The French reinsurance market’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance segments
- The competitive landscape in the French reinsurance insurance market
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance market in France:
- It provides historical values for the French reinsurance market for the review period (2007–2011) and forecast period (2012–2016)
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the French reinsurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance markets in France and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top reinsurance companies in France
- The robust growth in the French non-life insurance segment benefitted the reinsurance segment during the review period, as insurers share a significant amount of written premium for their risk coverage with reinsurance companies.
- The proposed implementation of Solvency II norms will also set higher capital requirements and stricter risk mitigation standards for French insurance companies, which will encourage smaller insurance companies to seek more assistance from reinsurance companies.
- Frequent occurrence of natural disasters in France increased the awareness among insurers about the advantages of sharing their risks with reinsurers. This increased the demand for reinsurance services in the country during the review period.
- The French reinsurance segment is dominated by global reinsurers including Munich Re and Swiss Re. The leading international reinsurance companies have strengthened their presence in the country and provide tough competition to the local reinsurers.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the French reinsurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the French reinsurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the reinsurance market
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the French insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
- Munich Re
- Swiss Re
- Berkshire Hathaway
- Hannover Re
- Everest Re