As soon as Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise confirmed they had reached a divorce settlement rumors surfaced about the details of the agreement. Holmes’ lawyer Jonathan Wolfe now says many of the reports are not true. He also confirms the agreement will remain private.
"There are numerous inaccuracies in the reports regarding the purported contents of the agreement reached between the parties. The agreement is confidential and its terms will not be disclosed,” Wolfe said.
The split was settled less than two weeks after Holmes, 33, filed for divorce. “The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life,” Wolfe said in a statement Monday.
In a joint statement earlier in the day, Holmes and Cruise said they remain committed to parenting their daughter Suri, 6, together. "We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other's roles as parents," the pair said.
This was the first marriage for Holmes and the third for Cruise, 50. The Rock of Ages star was previously married to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman.
Click here for more Entertainment News