Several hydropower projects were completed in 2011, of which the Changuinola facilities (223 MW). In 2012, a combined capacity of above 120 MW in hydropower is expected for commissioning, while the country's first wind park should be achieved in the Cocle province (Toabré, 225 MW).
Brazil's 6.6% increase in primary energy production pushed Latin America's overall growth rate up by 2%. The country was also the key driver in imports of refined oil products (Brazilian imports shoot up 70%) resulting in a deeper trade deficit for the whole region. At the end of the year, Latin America accounted for 13% of the overall increase in consumption of refined oil products.
What you will find in this report
This Panama energy market report is a reliable source for understanding the key issues and dynamics shaping the Panamanian energy industry. With timely, up-to-date energy industry data and demand forecasts, this report will help you identify and exploit challenges and opportunities in the Panamanian energy sector. The report details the sub-sectors of the energy industry (Crude Oil, refined oil products, Natural Gas, Coal, Electricity and Renewable) in Panama. In this report you will find:
• Multi-energy approach: oil, oil products, gas & LNG, power, coal, renewable
• Recent energy and climate change policy development, and an assessment of its impact
• Key companies operating in each sub-segment of the Panamanian energy industry, and assessment of the competitive landscape.
• Up-to-date insight on market structures, regulatory developments, and asset developments
• Supply & demand overview and trends, with a detailed breakdown by energy and by sector
• Historical data and trends relating to production, consumption, imports, exports and reserves for each industry sub-segment
• Energy projects under development in the country
• Key drivers of change and future issues for each energy type
Main reasons to buy this report
• Identify key companies activities and strategy in the Panamanian market
• Work with data-driven market research
• Follow market dynamics and future industry trends
• Assess how national regulations impact the Panamanian energy industry
• Gain a clear view of the development of renewable energies in the energy marketThis report is made up of two documents. The first, a PDF file, will be available for download as soon as a purchase is made. A second document, an Excel file, will be sent to you soon after via email.
Click for Report details:Panama Energy Report