Parkinson's Disease Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020 - GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, "Parkinson's Disease Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020". The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Parkinson's Disease (PD) therapeutics market. It provides comprehensive market information, highlighting the treatment guidelines and identifying and analyzing the key trends shaping and driving the global market. It analyzes treatment usage patterns and provides insights into the competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the positions of the market leaders. The report provides valuable insights into the pipeline products and quantifies the unmet need within the global PD therapeutics market and as well as in the individual markets of the US and the top five countries in Europe, highlighting opportunities for future players.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
In 2011, the global Parkinson's Disease (PD) therapeutics market, which includes the key markets of the US, Japan, Germany, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil, China, India and Russia was estimated to be worth $2,992m. During the period 2002-2011, the global PD therapeutics market grew at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.8%. GlobalData analysis shows that the market size was primarily driven by two key parameters: the increase in PD prevalence due to the increase in the aging population in the 11 key markets and the increasing cost of therapy. In 2011, the market registered a decline in the market valuations due to the entry of generics for Mirapex (pramipexole) and higher preference for generic ropinirole.The global PD therapeutics market is primarily served by levodopa, dopamine agonists, Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAO-BI) and Catechol-O-Methyltransferase (COMT) inhibitors. The market is dominated by branded products such as Boehringer Ingelheim's Mirapex/Mirapexin/Sifrol/MirapexER/MirapexinER (pramipexole), GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) Requip/RequipXL(ropinirole),Orion/Novartis' Stalevo/Comtan (carbidopa/levodopa/entacapone) and Teva/Lundbeck's Azilect/Agilect (rasagiline). In addition, a large number of generics are also available in this market. The global PD therapeutics market is expected to grow at a modest CAGR of 2.2% and is forecast to reach $3,650m by 2020. The modest growth rate has been attributed to patent expiries of the major drugs, the subsequent entry of generics and the weak late stage developmental pipeline.Report Scope
The scope of the report includes -
- An overview of the PD therapeutics market which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized global PD therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2002-2011 and forecast to 2020.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Japan, Brazil, Russia, India and China.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges and predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including drug launch analysis and drug sales forecasts.
- Product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, annual cost, regulatory approvals and drug sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet need in the market and target product profiles including opportunities for target products.
- Technology trends analytic framework to assess the strength of the pipeline.
- Pipeline analysis data giving a split across different Phases, mechanisms of action and emerging trends.
- Clinical trials mapping of trials for the PD therapeutics market in different regions.
- An overview of the most promising drugs with clinical study details, efficacy, safety, collaboration agreements, marketing rights, and launch analysis and drug sales forecasts to 2020.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global PD therapeutics market therapeutics market and company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis. Key future market players covered include Merck &Co, Impax Laboratories, Acadia Pharmaceuticals, Newron Pharmaceuticals and Abbott Laboratories.
- Analysis of licensing agreements during 2010-2011 in the PD therapeutics market therapeutics market. The M&A analysis covers M&A deals.
- Strategic assessment of the market through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies and perform superior market quantification analysis by:
- Understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PD therapeutics market.
- Understanding physician treatment preferences across the treatment flow.
- Accessing market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in the global PD therapeutics market therapeutics market until 2020.
- Quantifying patient population in the global PD therapeutics market therapeutics market to better design product pricing and launch plans.
- Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape by:
- Performing benchmarking analysis and growth opportunities against currently marketed products.
- Identifying market entry points based on safety, efficacy, and pricing parameters.
- Assessing competitiveness of products in market by understanding the strength and weakness of current competition.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies by:
- Taking a comprehensive look at the disease pipeline and identifying the most promising paradigm shifting products.
- Assessing strength of pipeline based on first-in-class, me-too, generic and lifecycle management of products.
- Track drug sales in the global PD therapeutics market therapeutics market from 2002-2020.
- Identify the emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What is the next big thing in the global PD therapeutics market therapeutics market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.Keywords
Market forecast, revenues, unmet need, drivers, barriers, pharma, clinical trials, marketed products, pipeline, promising drugs, future players, key companies, strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, implications for future market, mechanism of action, oncology, cancer, treatment guideline, target product profile, clinician's endpoints, disease overview, colorectal cancer drug sales, US colorectal cancer market, UK colorectal cancer market, France colorectal cancer market, Germany colorectal cancer market, Italy colorectal cancer market, Spain colorectal cancer market, Japan colorectal cancer market, BRIC colorectal cancer market, Brazil, Russia, India, China
Click for Report details:Parkinson's Disease Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020