GlobalData estimates that the global Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) therapeutics market was worth $261.6m in 2010 and is forecast to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.3% to reach $615.1m by 2018. This moderate growth is primarily attributed to the strong pipeline landscape, increase in the number of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplants (HSCTs) and the launch of new first-in-class drugs with improved safety and efficacy profiles.Unmet Need Continues to Challenge the Pipeline Drugs
GlobalData analysis shows that the current market landscape is weak as generic immunosuppressive agents are used off-label. These products have moderate levels of efficacy and safety and as a result, GVHD remains a major cause of mortality following HSCT. The current market has significant unmet need and thus provides significant potential for pipeline drugs that are stronger in terms of efficacy and safety. However, considering the fact that a majority of the pipeline products are first-in-class but are Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC) therapies aimed primarily at the prevention of GVHD, the therapeutic market will continue to remain dominated by the existing drugs. If approved, these new therapies will create a new market.Increased Use of HSCTs for Hematologic Malignancies
HSCT is a treatment option for certain types of leukemia and lymphoma such as Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) and Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) when chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy fail. The past two decades have seen a gradual increase in the number of allogeneic HSCTs performed annually. The increasing incidence of leukemia has led to more elderly patients receiving reduced-intensity or non-myeloablative transplants because the risk of ALL, ALL and MDS increases in people above the age of 50 years. GVHD risk also increases with age, meaning that incidence is increasing and the market is growing.Report Scope
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) Therapeutics market. Its scope includes -
- Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) Therapeutics market revenues data from 2005 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2018.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends by seven key markets. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the seven key countries Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) Therapeutics market.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) Therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) Therapeutics market
Click for Report details:Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018