This is an annual subscription product, with regular updates throughout the year.
In November 2011, the phosphorus industry as a whole continued its steady pace in China. Entering winter, demand for phosphate fertilizer in China, the main downstream product of phosphorus ore, dropped considerably. Demand for other phosphate chemicals is almost the same as November, and the corresponding sales in this sector are flat.
For fine phosphate chemicals, a downturn in market situation in China is expected. Development of downstream phosphorus products are expected to turn into more refined ones, such as toothpaste grade, electronic grade, and medical grade phosphate chemicals. Several enterprises, such as Wengfu Group and Hubei Xingfa, have begun researching and exploiting these products that require more advanced technology.
In general, the integration and regulation of phosphorus resource, the elimination of high consumption of energy and low-value products, and the reorganization of phosphorus enterprises will still be the focal point in the future.Key Highlights
- Thanks to the technology advantage on recycling phosphorus resource, Wengfu Group sucessfully absorbs investment overseas.
- Major policies in 2011 promote the sustainable development of phosphorus industry.
- More and more recycling projects regarding yellow phosphorus waste emerge in China.
- Yellow phosphorus industry is going to be hit by the increasing electricity price.
- Phosphate fertilizer industry in Hubei Province is to be integrated in the light of the latest issued proposal.
- Winter storage of phosphate fertilizer is not optimistic this year in China.
- Sales of single superphosphate are suffering pressures.
- Liuguo Chemical horizontally merges with Guixi Fertilizer to strengthen its scope effect.
- Hubei Xingfa and Wengfu Group commence cooperation on developing downstream deep processing fine phosphorus products.
- The industrial application of purification technology of wet-process phosphoric acid is emerging in China.
- The average export price of phosphorus products is soaring in Oct. 2011.
- Increase in electricity price pushes up the price of yellow phosphorus, while those of other phosphorus keep stable in general.
Click for Report details:Phosphorus Industry China Monthly Report 1112