- The global electronic chemicals and materials market was estimated at $24.6 billion in 2009 and $28.5 billion in 2010. This market is expected to reach $51.6 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6% over the 2010-2015 forecast period.
- Wafer demand is projected to increase more than 20% in 2010 to approximately $14.7 billion, after declining by nearly 40% to $12.2 billion in 2009. We expect the market to reach $26.7 billion by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7% between 2010 and 2015.
- Demand for polymers and conductive polymers in the electronics industry will grow at a projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 26%, from an estimated $1.9 billion in 2010 to about $5.9 billion in 2015. Most of the projected growth is attributable to conductive polymers.
Electronic chemicals and materials are solid, liquid, and gaseous substances used in the fabrication of semiconductors and printed circuit boards (PCBs). Global demand for electronic chemicals and materials, particularly in developed countries, is projected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6% through 2015.
The increase in demand for electronic chemicals and materials is related to overall growth in the production of electronic devices, as well as technological innovation that will create opportunities for new materials. New materials such as low-k dielectrics and advanced photoresists will see growth rates well above average, and opportunities will also emerge in existing technologies as chemical compositions are improved to attain better compatibility and lower costs.
In such a dynamic environment there is a need for current, comprehensive reports on electronic chemicals and materials covering aspects of technology, demand trends, project opportunities, and investment levels.
The goal of this report is to provide a detailed analysis of recent trends in the chemicals and other materials that go into products manufactured in the global electronics industry. It examines technological developments, future trends, and emerging opportunities for every major segment and subsegment of the global market. This information will be useful for strategic planning, marketing, sales, and research and development.
The major objectives of this study are as follows:
* To assess technological developments in electronic chemicals and determine their current and future impact on the overall market.
* To identify the factors driving demand.
* To make available the most current and reliable information on the consumption of chemicals and other materials in the global electronics industry.
* To estimate the global supply and demand scenario by application and global region.
* To estimate the growth rate in demand.
* To estimate the projected supply and demand scenario through 2015.
This report is intended for suppliers of electronics chemicals and materials. Other readers who may find it particularly useful include entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists, and other readers who need to know where the electronic chemicals and materials market is headed over the next 5 years.
The report should also be of interest to users of electronic chemicals and materials such as semiconductor manufacturers. Finally, members of technical and professional organizations such as the Semiconductor Industry Association should find the report useful.
Chapters from this report can be purchased separately. Please contact us to find out more about this offer.
Click for Report details:Electronic Chemicals and Materials: The Global Market