- In the U.S., recent reimbursement changes and the economic downturn have called the expanding use of MRI scanning into question. The North American market is worth $2.3 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 4.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $2.9 billion in 2015.
- Europe ranks with the U.S. as one of the most developed MRI markets. Expanding applications in the neurologic, cardiac, and breast MRI areas should drive the EU market. This sector is estimated at $1.2 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 10% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $1.9 billion in 2015.
- Japan remains an early adopter of newer MRI equipment, making it a prime opportunity for newer 3T equipment. This market is valued at $1 billion in 2010 and should reach $1.3 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3%.
Medical imaging costs make up one of the fastest-growing components of overall healthcare costs, and medical resonance imaging (MRI) is one of the leading imaging technologies used by healthcare providers. Whether the imaging is done for diagnostic or interventional reasons, the market for MRI is expanding.
Medical imaging through the use of MRI equipment accounts for approximately 25% of the medical imaging technologies used globally. Determining the influence of MR imaging on future healthcare trends and the viability for market expansion in a stringent reimbursement and regulatory environment are key reasons for conducting this market study.
Macro trends that benefit the MRI market include: an aging worldwide population; continued global urbanization; prevalence of major diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes; and expanding access to healthcare products and services, particularly in rural areas and for younger populations. Negative global trends include stricter medical insurance reimbursement policies and economic turbulence throughout the world.
The study will explore the keys to continued growth in this industry, including increasing sales in developing regions, expanded services, a strong pipeline of new products, and new applications for existing technologies.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study is to describe and discuss changes in the global MRI market. Thisreport is designed to achieve the following objectives:
* To describe the trends and developments for each type of MRI technology and how each is meant to satisfy the needs of manufacturers.
* To analyze market and driving forces to determine the market size for the technologies and pinpoint target applications.
* To examine the MRI business in terms of specific companies and their position in the market.
The report is designed to appeal to many different readers including venture capitalists interested in exploring commercialization opportunities, marketing and management individuals within the industry, and even the casual reader who desires to understand how market pressures and technology interact in this industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This technical market report organizes information from diverse sources into a cohesive unit that includes overview, industry structure, and technology sections.
The report examines the MRI equipment industry in general, the types of technology currently in use as well as future applications, and regulatory influences. The industry structure section discusses the most active suppliers with regard to relative market share, marketing strengths, and forces that promote or hamper growth of technologies. The technology sections detail historical, current, and projected (2010 through 2015) market values.
Chapters from this report can be purchased separately. Please contact us to find out more about this offer.
Click for Report details:Medical Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Technologies and Global Markets