In terms of gross written premium, the personal accident and health insurance segment in Egypt accounted for the lowest market share of all the insurance industry segments. During the review period (2007–2011), rising healthcare expenditure, inadequate public healthcare facilities and a high rate of road accidents positively influenced the segment. Industrial growth, rising GDP and healthcare expenditure as out-of-pocket expenses, alongside the growth of the middle class population are expected to act as growth drivers for the segment over the forecast period.
• Low insurance policies per capita in health insurance and personal accident insurance opened up opportunities for insurance companies, and signals positive growth potential for the segment over the forecast period.
• The low number of policies per capita indicates a large uninsured population, which is expected to drive the Egyptian personal accident and health insurance segment over the forecast period.
• Egypt's public healthcare system is inadequate as the quality of care in public hospitals is far lower than that of private hospitals.
• Egyptian consumer awareness towards motor insurance increased during the review period as the number of road accidents grew. In 2010, the number of road accidents in Egypt reached 125,000, measuring an annual fatality rate of 188 people per 100,000 motor vehicles, the highest in the Middle East.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance market in Egypt:
• It provides historical values for the Egyptian personal accident and health insurance market for the review period (2007–2011) and forecast period (2012–2016)
• It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Egyptian personal accident and health insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
• It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
• It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Egypt
• Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Egypt for the personal accident and health insurance business
• It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in Egypt and its growth prospects
• It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Egypt and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Buy
• Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Egyptian personal accident and health insurance market and each sector within it
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Egyptian personal accident and health insurance market
• Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance market, along with the reinsurance segment
• Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Egyptian insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
Click for Report details:Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Egypt, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016