Datamonitor has identified a total of 397 biosimilars/copy-biologics across 125 companies as being in development/marked. Products and pipeline candidates were identified using publically available information (where available). For each candidate, the stage of development was determined using company reported information as well as secondary sources such as clinical trial databases.
Features and benefits
- Compares key molecules targeted by biosimilar and copy-biologic developers.
- Insight into leading therapy areas and indications targeted by biosimilar and copy-biologic developers.
- Assess the key geographies targeted by biosimilar and copy-biologic developers.
- Analyses the portfolios of key biosimilar and copy-biologic developers.
Biosimilar and copy-biologic markets are dominated by versions of simple biologic molecules. However, there is an increasing trend towards the development of high value biologics such as monoclonal antibodies (MAbs), with rituximab currently the most targeted molecule, with 14 pipeline biosimilar candidates in development.
The EU leads in terms of the number of marketed and pipeline biosimilar candidates followed by South Korea, while India continues to lead the way in the copy-biologics market, followed by China.
Based on company reported information, Sandoz was highlighted as the leading company in terms of marketed and pipeline biosimilars, while Zydus Cadilla leads in terms of copy-biologic development.
Your key questions answered
- Evaluate trends in biosimilar and copy-biologic development.
- Identify the leading players and their pipeline activities and development capabilities.
Comprehensive Table of Contents, Request A Sample and more @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/143563-biosimilars-pipeline-trends.html