Farmer's Garden(TM) by Vlasic(R) Provides Simple Solutions When You're in a Wine Pairing "Pickle"
Top 5 Tips to Boost Wine Pairing Proficiency.
Mountain Lakes, NJ 12/22/2011 07:19 PM GMT (TransWorldNews)
As part of its “TasteBuds” entertainment and lifestyle blog, Farmer’s Garden™ by Vlasic®, a Pinnacle Foods Group LLC brand, has tapped guest blogger and chef Jennifer Iannolo of The Gilded Fork to provide tips and advice on wine pairing during this busy holiday entertaining season exclusively on its microsite.
In her blog post entitled “Simple Solutions to the Wine Pairing Conundrum,” Iannolo shares a step-by-step approach and a host of resources (ranging from high-tech to old-school) to help navigate the wine conundrum with ease.
Here are Jennifer’s top five tips for enjoying the perfect wine selection without panic:
1. First you want to start with your menu: What are you serving? From there you have something to work with - flavor profiles, dominant flavors and a price range.
2. For gadget geeks, there are three stellar wine apps that will do the pairing work for you: Hello Vino, Pair It, and Natalie MacLean Wine Picks & Pairings
3. For old-schoolers, take your dinner menu to your local wine merchant and ask for pairing help. But be careful here. I once went in to get a bottle of wine when I was dressed to the nines with my Louis Vuitton bag, and the merchant escorted me right back to the “vault”, where the most expensive wines lived.
4. Get yourself a copy of Karen Page and Andrew Dornenberg’s book, What to Drink with What You Eat. Broken down by flavor components, this incredibly useful book identifies wines by regions, varietals, and goes even beyond wine in case you want to serve the perfect...water.
5. Great wines can be found anywhere. If you are comfortable doing the pairings yourself some bulk chains such as Costco or Beverages & More offer a decent selection of wines.
To read the rest of Jennifer’s blog post and get a full list of her recommended resources, visit Tastebudsblog.com.
About Pinnacle Foods Group LLC:
Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs more than 4,300 people in North America. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 10 out of 13 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® pickles, peppers, and relish, Comstock® and Wilderness® Fruit Pie Fillings, Mrs. Butterworth’s® and Log Cabin® syrups, Armour® canned meats, Nalley® and Brooks® chili and chili ingredients, and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie’s®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bag meals, Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts, Swanson® and Hungry-Man® dinners and entrees, Van de Kamp’s® and Mrs. Paul’s® seafood, Lender’s® bagels and Celeste® pizza. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim’s Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian™ Kettle Style Potato Chips, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman’s® in addition to our food service and private label businesses.
Pinnacle Foods Group, LLC
1 Bloomfield Avenue
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046-1429