Offshore Wind Vessels Demand to Surge Due to Strong Growth in Offshore Wind Installations - Offshore wind is being increasingly explored around the world for its high yield. Its stronger, more consistent winds compared to onshore locations and the scope for the construction of massive GW-scale projects make it highly attractive and in 2011, global cumulative installed capacity for offshore wind stood at 3.8 GW. Europe dominated the industry, and accounting for over 3.0 GW of capacity. However, the offshore wind industry is currently facing bottlenecks in terms of efficient installation, high voltage power cables and operation and maintenance vessels.
Installations of offshore wind farms with higher capacity turbines and heavier foundations for operating in deeper water are expected to peak in the 2015–2020 periods. However, the development of new oil and gas fields, which compete for the operation and maintenance vessels these two industries share and offer better prices for the limited equipment, will pose an obstacle to the offshore wind industry achieving its 2020 targets.Report Scope
The scope of the report includes -
- Capacity addition during 2011
- Current scenario of offshore wind vessels
- Existing and upcoming offshore wind vessels in the offshore wind market
- Forecasing of offshore wind installed capacity and generation up to 2020 - Global, UK, Germany and China.
- The analysis of future offshore installation vessels supply demand situation - Global
- The analysis of future demand for offshore wind installation vessels - UK, Germany and China.
- The analysis of future demand for operation and maintenance vessels.
- Requirements of future offshore vessel. Reasons to buy
- The report attempt to focus on global offshore wind vessel market and some of the key countries.
- It provides analysis on future demand for offshore wind installation vessels for global as well as UK, Germany and china.
- Further, it provides forecasting of offshore wind installed capacity from 2012 -2020.
- It provides future supply demand situation for offshore wind vessels globally.
- It also provides information on currently available and upcoming offshore wind vessels in offshore wind market.
Click for Report details:Offshore Wind Vessels Demand to Surge Due to Strong Growth in Offshore Wind Installations