Canadian authorities have confirmed celebrity chef Anthony Sedlak died last week at the age of 29. Sedlak was found unresponsive at his North Vancouver apartment Friday around 7 p.m. and was pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities have not officially determined the cause of death, but foul play is not suspected. Sedlak’s family said the Food Network Canada star passed away from a medical condition. The nature of the condition is not clear.
Sedlak’s career took off at the age of 14 when he began working as a production cook at Grouse Mountain cafeteria. In 2006 he won a silver medal while representing Canada at the World Junior Chef Challenge. He then won Food Network’s Superstar Chef Challenge. Sedlak hosted The Main for four seasons and appeared as a judge on Family Cook Off.
"He was such a big personality, larger than life, and he'd literally jump into any scenario with his super high energy. We hit it off instantly and we had a ball together, laughing all the time,” Family Cook Off’s Trish Magwood told the Vancouver Sun of her late co-star.
A private funeral service will be held in Vancouver.
Click here for more Entertainment News