Amy Winehouse died of alcohol poisoning brought on by a massive drinking binge, a London coroner said Wednesday. Autopsy results show Winehouse’s blood-alcohol level was more than 5 times the legal limit at the time of her death on July 23. Police found three bottles of vodka near her body.
Ruling that it was “death by misadventure,” the coroner said Winehouse, 27, was a “determined young woman who, at times, was able to successfully abstain from alcohol.” No illegal drugs were in Winehouse’s system.
Winehouse's family issued a statement shortly after the autopsy results were presented in a London court room. “It is some relief to finally find out what happened to Amy. We understand there was alcohol in her system when she passed away; it is likely a build up of alcohol in her system over a number of days. The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time,” the statement said.
Click here for more Entertainment News