Want to build trust and communicate effectively with your customers and prospects? Own and operate a blog.
That’s the advice of Jill Bach, founder and principal of Marketnet. She said that a company blog delivers several major advantages:
1. Transparency -- The global landscape of ecommerce and Web-driven business demands that companies maintain a greater degree of transparency. Internet users expect and require in-depth interaction online from the companies they do business with. They know their voices count in the world of blogs, forums, and social networking/news services.
2. Blogs are Better than Press Releases -- In a poll at the WordCamp bloggers conference, some 99 percent said they read multiple blogs on a regular basis. Few said they read press releases. The attendees were more than bloggers. They are business professionals. To reach your audience, it makes sense to use blogs, the medium of choice.
3. Blogs Build Trust -- The blog/comment relationship between company and customer builds rapport and trust. Once a customer’s trust is gained, conversion happens more quickly. With trust as a strong foundation, a company can promote new products, services and partnerships through its corporate blog -- and readers will buy faster and with a greater sense of satisfaction.
4. Blog Before You Become the Tail – It’s a certainty: your competitors will have a company blog to connect with their customers and clients. If your company is late to the party, your image will suffer from being the proverbial “tail of the conga line.” The last business to adopt new technology wins no awards -- and usually loses some of its customer base as well.
5. Control the Conversation – The reality is your customers will have the conversation about your brand, product, or service. The question is: Do you want to participate in the conversation? Do you want to host the conversation? Or would you rather it go on without your involvement?
For more information on creating a company blog, contact MarketNet at 972-941-3200 or http://www.marketnet.com/.
Marketnet, Inc. is a full-service interactive design and development company. Based in Dallas, Marketnet provides marketing, strategy, creative services, web development, application development, search marketing and analytics and reporting to its broad client base. For more information, go to www.marketnet.com.
Trizila Communications, Inc.