Bloggers can put 14 popular WordPress plugins to work on blogs they manage or frequent, to get the most out of the blog experience, says MarketNet.
“We’ve compiled a list of must-have WordPress plugins for bloggers, along with some insights into each one,” said Jill Bach, founder and principal of MarketNet. “Here they are.”
1. Akismet recognizes spam comments with 80-90 percent accuracy and automatically puts them into a spam comment folder. This helps you better serve your readers who have legitimate comments. . Akismet blocks thousands of spam comments, saving you time.
2. Mobilepress makes reading blog content via smartphone easy. When looking for content via mobile, you want fast, simple, and uncomplicated. Mobilepress delivers.
3. EasyTube makes posting YouTube videos simple. Post this into your blog post: [youtube:URL]. Replace URL with the video’s URL and click “publish”, or write the rest of your article above or beneath it. Readers can watch the video right there on your blog post page without leaving your site.
4. Sociable is a favorite plugin for social bookmarking and submission buttons.You want people to share your content with their friends, and this plugin makes it easy. Your percentage of viral content promotion will increase simply by making the process simple.
5. Twittar -- More and more of your commentors will use Twitter. Twittar takes the email address of the commentor and checks Twitter for an avatar.This plugin increases the number of faces you’ll see when people comment.
6. WordPress Thread Comment -- Threaded comments let you reply directly to someone who has left a comment, and your response is indented and placed directly beneath the comment you’re responding to. You avoid scrolling all over to try to find every response to a particular comment.
7. Get Recent Comments is especially helpful for websites that receive a steady flow of comments. Whenever you have comments coming in regularly, you can paste a code into your sidebar to let visitors easily see the most recent comments.
8. WP-Polls adds polls to any post, page, or sidebar. A well-placed poll will always get more responses than your number of comments. Clicking a multiple choice button and “Enter” is much easier than sharing a well-thought out opinion in the comments section, and there’s anonymity.
9. Seesmic-WP lets you record and add video to your post straight from the “Add New” post page. Your visitors can make comments to any post using video. Look for a big increase in video commentors on blogs as people get more comfortable with social multimedia.
10. WordPress Related Posts lists links to a few older articles on similar topics to the post on the current page. It makes it easy to see other articles of the same vein, an enticement to venture deeper into the site.
11. Woopra gives you live streaming stats, so you can see exactly how many people are on your site at any given moment, where they’re from, and how they got there. Go to Woopra.com now and register your blog. In a few weeks you’ll receive acceptance into the Woopra program. Then add the plugin,log in to Woopra.com and view your stats.
12. Twitter Tools integrates your blog and your Twitter account so you can post links to your latest posts on Twitter, post your most recent tweets on your blog sidebar, or turn your tweets into blog posts without extra effort.
13. Notify On Draft Post sends you an email every time someone adds a new post into the queue. This prevents accidentally sweeping quality posts under the rug and forgetting to publish them. A must for a blog manager.
14. Subscribe to Comments is the best way to keep track of what’s been said in the comments section of a particular post once you’ve left the site. You may come across some blogs through Google searches or shared links from friends. It gives the blog permission to email you whenever someone else comments on the same page you commented on.
For more information on effective online marketing, blogging or on creating a social networking presence, contact MarketNet at 972-941-3200 or www.marketnet.com.
MarketNet, Inc., based in Dallas, is a full-service interactive design and development company, provides marketing, strategy, creative services, web development, application development, search marketing and analytics and reporting to its broad client base. For more information, go to www.marketnet.com
Trizila Communications, Inc.
Office: (972) 247-1369
Non-published cell: (214) 232-0078