The log cabin builder offers a list of useful steps for potential buyers who are weighing their options and considering a move
Southland Log Homes, the builder of high-quality log homes, offers a list of the 10 steps for designing and constructing a new log home. Many home buyers are very interested in the notion of log cabin living, but are unsure about the process. There are some differences between purchasing a log home and a traditional home, but the company has a history of helping homebuyers through the necessary steps.
The steps for designing and building a log cabin include:
1. Set your budget – This involves the price of both the land and the cabin, including all the interior features and furniture.
2. Make a list of ideal features – This list is to help the customers describe what they expect from the home.
3. Make a list of concerns – This list is to help the designers and builders understand any hesitations or worries about living in a log home.
4. Find the land – The land where the cabin will be constructed will have an impact on the types of floor plans the buyer can choose.
5. Choose a floor plan – Log cabin floor plans need to be chosen based on the criteria established in the previous steps.
6. Visit a model – The company recommends visiting a model home to really understand what it is like.
7. Personalize the plan – Southland Log Homes offers a custom design tool to help customers create the designs that meet their needs.
8. Financing – The company has assembled a variety of national and local venders that can offer financing for a log home.
9. Work with reliable builders – A quality home requires skilled and experienced builders.
10. Technical support and maintenance – Living in a log home isn’t quite the same as a traditional home, and it is important to understand how to maintain and care for the new home.
More information on the companies log cabins kits as well as some how-to articles are available on the company’s website. Southland Log Homes also provides a project manager for each new log home to guide buyers through all the necessary steps.
About Southland Log Homes
Headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina, Southland Log Homes was founded in 1978 and is the largest log home company in the United States. Southland operates model home sales offices in ten states and has authorized Southland dealers located throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. Model homes are located in Atlanta, GA; Baton Rouge, LA; Birmingham, AL; Charlotte, NC; Christiansburg, VA; Columbia, SC; Fredericksburg, VA; Gatlinburg, TN; Greensboro, NC; Greenville, SC; Houston, TX; Jackson, MS; Louisville, KY; Macon, GA; Memphis, TN; Nashville, TN; and San Antonio, TX,. For more information about Southland Log Homes, call 800-641-4754 or visit www.southlandloghomes.com.