If you have investments you’d like to give to your child, you may want to consider opening a custodial account under the Uniform Gifts to Minors Act (UGMA) or the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UTMA). Through these accounts, a custodian you appoint—which could be yourself—manages investments owned in a minor’s name. Once the minor reaches the age of majority, he or she may assume full […]

Recent Posts